Saturday, June 6, 2009

Roots

Ginger is a root, and considered a miracle healer, and long lifegiver. That is what family and solid friendship provides to a person.


Roots are where you come from, what makes you become who you are.
The roots inside you never change. So, being far from home and being from different roots, makes me homesick for people with similar roots.
It is always a pleasure to be around Southern people. These are the kindest people I will ever know.
Embracing other cultures doesn't meet my need for family dinners together, and parties where people dance, laugh loud, and talk about good things. Where people can agree to disagree with each other and chuckle about it.
Where hospitality flows endless like the Mississippi river.
I really don't mind a person to person conversation, without all of the drama included.
I grew up with such diversity, and sometimes there was adversity. But, forgiveness was real, and kindness was sincere...and eating with someone showed genuine love and trust for that person. Symbols that unite one another. I find it strange that there are people who can pull a Judas kiss and truly think they will live happy healthy lives. It is saddening. Honesty and integrity whether you like/dislike or agree/disagree establishes respect for a lifetime, and genuine happiness within ones self.
It's all about a persons roots. Let's plant more love and respect in our children and grandchildren and community. Maybe the roots of love and respect will grow deep.
I hope that for my children. I miss that many weren't so blessed to have grown up with solid roots. I find that saddening.

No comments:

Post a Comment