Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Expresso and Kona winds

I would never survive the islands without expresso to help me through the weeks of sugar cane burning...and the Kona winds at the beach to help me breat fresh air. It is better than a puffer and going to get 'refreshed', as I call it, at the hospital.
Yesterday, was a killer day. There is not a posting telling of when the cane will burn. So, around 2 am I awaken in a weakened panicky state. Thanking God for coffee which got me through most mornings of my childhood. Living in a smokefilled home, I learned to survive with coffee. Self medication is what my doctors call it. That is why I carry soda with me all of the time. Especially, Dr. Pepper.
I am perky, a bit dizzy, but going to nap for one hour only after a walk (yes!) at the beach with my expresso, breathing in God's breath for me.
I am returning for more with my boogie board in one hour.
I am thankful for wind and for caffiene...mainly expresso. The oil in the bean is also quite helpful medically. I love my life. I chose to live it. I persevere only with God. And he blesses me with everything I need in the most beautiful ways.
I am weepy...yes, because, you realize life can be taken from you easily when you have asthma, epilepsy, and allergies to peanuts and bees. It's a blessing I survived my childhood. I know God wants me alive, and loving life. I will for Him! His love carries me through life. I am thankful for the reminders of how precious it is to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment