Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I See You!


This morning while my daughter and I prepared for our daily ritual of going to school, and work...I saw my daughter in a new light. She looked different, had more personality, and stood differently.
I heard her wimper she couldn't find the shoes she wanted to wear. They did not match her outfit. She wanted to wear them together. She was so excited, that she found her glasses.
Here it is I was busy busy getting ready for the day, myself.
We met at the front door and I was moved to tears. She was so beautiful. So incredibly beautiful.
Today is her pre-k graduation. She is wearing peach and pink together. But, it looks great on her. I have never felt so touched by the special qualities my daughter holds...a true joy. A joy that shines from within her.
I scooped her up and held her close to me. Weeping with joy I tell her she is so beautiful, and I am so proud of who she is. I tell her that I love her so much.
She pets me on the back and squeezes me and said, "I love you, too, Mommy."
Hours later, I am still in awe that we made it these (almost) 5 years together alone.
I would not have had a better person to go through a lifetime with, Ava Joy Johnson! God bless her always and forever. She is such a trooper. She has such a great heart. She is full of goodness and beauty and wisdom. She is determined and yet, tender hearted. I love her, so much. She is a mini me in so many ways. For that, I see it is all good and that she should let all of what she is shine out to others and never be insecure. She is wonderful, if only to me...but, not so, many find her to be amazing. I took a picture of her. I will post it later. I just want to revel in today, being all about her. I see who she is, and she is good.

1 comment:

  1. It was a prescious event, once we arrived at the right place in the park.
    Thanks to all who think so much of Ava. The lays were so sweet. Thanks to all who gave us one. In fact, I was surprised by them, for Ava. It touched my heart. Blessings to all of these prescious children, for a great life and wonderful friendships. It meant so much to us that she was graduating. A few of our friends showed up. Truly a nice moment.

    ReplyDelete