Monday, May 18, 2009

Getting away!

To share my stories,

In despair many think to themselves, "If only I could live on an island and get away from...", but only a few 100 thousand people actually do it. I know, because, I was one of them.
I thought I could relax, be free, and heal. Only to find the most miserable souls here aching and exploring themselves before me, in Maui. There are few relaxing days here.

How ironic, we all came to find ourselves. Some lost themselves completely, and some in the process found God. Some chose to embrace life, and others just try to take others down with them to eternal death.

Many say, "It's like that everywhere." However, it's all here, all the time, and you can't get away from it, no matter where you drive or live, on this island. Life is in waves, good and bad, there is no middle ground here, everything is extreme. Oddly, you get used to it, and life flows. The island embraces you or spits you out many verbalize. It does that continuously...waves of people embracing you and then spitting venom out at you, then embracing you.

So, if you are thinking you should get away to an island. Remember, we are islands among people. Goto a quiet space, and say aloud..."I am thankful I can come to a quiet space and be alone, unlike on an island." Then, give yourself a hug. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment