Thursday, March 24, 2011

Friends Are Forever

It has been a blessing to help others in the past. But, they had disappeared never to check in to tell me they were fine.
Until last week, I was walking to the bus stop. Yes, the bus stop. Not having a vehicle to drive is a rarity for me. But, as I walked across the street a vehicle stopped abruptly and the fella inside said, "Tam? Is that you, Tam?"

Well, I have been visiting with him a bit these past few weeks and last week I moved into his home. It's been very tranquil. Just like when I let him move in with me, when he was ousted from his home at 19. It's been 6 1/2 years since I saw him. He was still working at the same place and never lived far from me. Yet we hadn't seen each other in so long. Our belief systems are opposites, but our basic approach towards life is similar. Quite, private, and peaceful...yet friendly to others. Intelligent conversation, and the respect of the others 'space'.

I don't know how long this will last...but, I find it to be the way 'home'...should feel. And I am able to have my own 'space', without interruption.

Enjoying music, great food, laughter, and quiet, good manners, and opposing opinions. My daughter is over joyed and is comfortable, and happy. It's truly a nice life, so far.

But, the funniest thing...last night we watch Acroos the Universe, and he was trying to explain it to me. I looked at him and said, "I was born in 1965...I have seen the Beatles and the Rolling Stones be introduced to the USA" I had the record albums, and lived during the Vietnam War." He looked shocked, with a smile. . .saying, "Really? Wow."

No comments:

Post a Comment